My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Chipper had some sound advice in his comment in my last post about my mega-losing streak. He said, "if you're on a major losing streak then you are getting impatient and need to wait to better opportunities." and "My best advice for when you are losing a lot is to stop playing for a while and think about other things."

I took both his pieces of advice. I tightened up and waited for my better hands which helped me win some money back and then I stopped playing and am taking a couple of days off from the tables. It helped to end on a mini-winning streak and now I can stay away from the tables knowing that it isn't all me and my shitty plays.

The thing that was amazing is that I play 3 different sites and I was getting coolered on all 3 sites. I told my wife about how I was on a big losing streak and that ususally helps me turn things around because I get it off my chest and can start fresh. After talking to her I sat down at a table and within the first 10 hands I was dealt Aces. I raised preflop and after a raggedy flop I raised the one caller all in and saw him turn over J/4 off suit. He had hit his 4 on the flop and then on the river the miracle jack hits and I lose to a major Donkey call. I should have quit right there.

On another table I saw a player win one hand and it was against me when he called my preflop raise with K/4 of hearts and on a one heart board I put him all in with my Pocket Kings and he called and got runner/runner hearts to make his flush and take down the pot. He then managed to lose that money and more in the next 20 hands by losing every hand he played (except for the one against me).

Another time I had pocket jacks and lost to K/rag when he called my preflop raise and got the one card he needed to beat me.

Hopefully that bad spell of cards is over and I can start to rebuild my bankroll. I am just amazed at how quickly the cards can change, how donkey calls can be rewarded over and over and how it can happen on every site you play and not just one. I know we want those people to keep playing those bad cards and we will get them eventually but I may go broke before eventually gets here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online