My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Don't Bluff and Don't Slow Play

I have been watching a lot of Poker Training videos and am really, really trying to escalate my No Limit Holdem game. So far I have had fairly good results but the other night I made two very, very big mistakes while playing that caused me two buy-ins.

The first mistake I made was when I made a massive bluff with A/10 only to find out my opponent had a set of 7's. BIG MISTAKE!! I am not really sure why I did it because it was such a donkey move. It was almost like someone else was controlling my mouse and making it click on the maximum bet button.

The second mistake I made was when I turned pocket nines into a set when a nine came on the flop. I tried to slowplay the set only to find out that my opponent made their straight from the free card they got on the turn. A good bet by me on the flop probably would have taken down the pot as my opponent was looking at a gut shot straight and wouldn't have the odds to continue with that hand. Instead, my slow play cost me a buy in.

Two big mistakes within 20 hands of each other and I am down two buy-ins. I can honestly say that I rarely bluff and rarely slow play hands anymore but I did both and they cost me quite a bit of money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online