My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Played Longer, Lost More

I was able to play longer today like I had hoped but the results were not what I was expecting. I dropped at least two buy-ins because I would shove my good pocket pair into someone who had a better pocket pair. I really never got much action with my good hands like A/A or K/K but did manage to lose once with Kings and once with Jacks.

I did win a hand with J/J against K/K when I rivered the 3rd jack. I managed to win quite a few nice pots but I lost way to many when my continuation bets were reraised or my all-ins ran into Aces. My losses added up to more than my winnings. I really never hit the flops very good so I think dropping two buy-ins was acceptable given my new, aggressive style. My VP$IP was just 17% so I really wasn't playing that many hands but the ones I did play I raised preflop and usually had a contiuation bet.

I have to work on when and when not to continuation bet. I really am having a hard times with that. Basically, I continuation bet almost every raise I throw out there. Many times I take down the pot with just air but other times I get reraised or called and then I'm not sure what to do on the turn.

I lost several pretty nice pots to middle pocket pairs when I never hit anything on the flop, turn or rver and I couldn't get a fold from my continuation bet. I wasn't real happy with my play and know I have a big leak to fix but overall I think I did all right but needed to have my cards hit more flops.

I'm going to continue watching videos and will give it another try tomorrow night.
________________________________________
I have usually played a couple of rounds by this time of the year but not this year. There have only been a couple of nice days to play and I had other obligations so wasn't able to get out. Looks like it may be next week before I make it to the course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online