My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Moving UP

I have earned enough money on PokerStars to move up to the next level. I have managed to put together some nice runs at the 6-Max $10 No Limit tables and feel I have enough of a bankroll to move up to the $25 dollar tables. I think the play at the $25 dollar tables will be better than the $10 tables. When I was able to move up at Full Tilt and Absolute Poker I found that the players were playing a better, more by-the-book style of poker. The $10 dollar tables get a lot of low buy-in players that are going for the "home run" hand where they can double up quick.

I am going to play a little tighter than usual when I start so that, hopefully, I can put some winning sessions under my belt as I get more comfortable at this level and feel out the type of players at the $25 dollar tables. I am really confident that I will be able to continue my upward march and look to add some significant numbers to my bank roll.

I was one of those players that use to say they could never win at Microstakes No Limit but now I feel I can win at the microstakes and low limit levels. I have to to give credit to my new and improved game to Trikker at Poker Trikz and the players who recorded the training videos at Flop Turn River. I am a big fan of any and all Poker Training Videos and I can't express enough how much they have improved my game.
_______________________________________
I have been to the golf course a total of 6 times in the last two weeks. I have played nine holes 5 times and 18 holes once. The first three times I went out I was just using them as practice rounds and hitting anywhere from 2 to 5 balls a hole. Last week I went out and started to record my scores. I shot 41, 42 and 85 for my 18 hole round. I am really happy with how my game is right out of the gate. My putting and improved chipping have helped to keep my scores respectable. I haven't been able to get off of the tee with any consistantcy but have made up for it by chipping pretty close and hitting some middle to long putts. I have been able to drop almost every knee knocker putt (the 4 to 6 feet long putts) except for one and that has really helped my score.

The wind has been hard to play in but maybe it is making me concentrate more as I have done quite well on the most windiest of days. The wind just really plays havoc with any shot that is mishit and seems to really turn a bad shot into a terrible shot. Hopefully the worse of the wind is behind us as we head into May.

I won't be able to play much this week but that is all right as the weather here is going to take a nose dive and we may even get some snow. I'll try to get in a couple of rounds but next week I should be raring to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online