My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

So far, so good

My move up at PokerStars has been a modest success so far. I have managed to eke out some nice wins and have boosted my bankroll by two buy-ins. I have been playing one table at the $25 limit and one table at the $10 limit and have had success at both. I think I will do that for a while longer until I get more comfortable at the higher amount and my bankroll gets a little more padding.

I could have named this post, "What the Poker Gods giveth, they taketh away" as I have been successful at PokerStars but have had a couple of losing sessions at Full Tilt Poker. I have made some bets at the wrong time like when I put my pocket Jacks up against pocket Aces and when I had a semi-bluff trying to make my opponent think I had the flush when he was holding the nut flush all of the time. I was ahead in the hand until the river and then I threw caution to the wind and took it on the chin. I have been playing tight but haven't had any action with my good cards and have bet at the wrong time against better hands.
__________________________________

I managed to snag a couple of six packs of Spanish Peaks Brewing Company American Pale Aleat an excellent price. This is one of the fine brews that you can find at the Black Dog Ales web site. Spanish Peaks Black Dog Ale was first brewed in 1991 in Bozeman, Montana near the foot of the Spanish Peaks Mountain range. Spanish Peaks is dedicated to brewing the finest possible ales for your enjoyment.
American Pale Ale is a classic Pale Ale. It is describeds as, "medium bodied with golden amber color. It has a very pleasant hop character that integrates nicely with its smooth malt flavors. A classic pale ale with very good drinkability.

That describes this ale perfectly. It is a nice pale ale with a bite to it. Beer Advocate rated it a solid "B" and, though there were a few critical reviews, many were very complimentary like the following:

Full hearty malt and a hoppy citrus flavor. Nothing special or out of the ordianry, jsut a really solid drink. A fine example of an APA.

A nice beer. Glad to have a sixer of this one. The next beer I will decant a little more carefully in order to perserve the appearance. Certainly recommended if you like the sweeter side of the style. I prefer the hoppy side.

This is a really good American Pale Ale and I am glad I have 10 more beers sitting there waiting for me to quaff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online