My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bell's Winter White Ale

I found a nice buy on six packs of Bell's Winter White Ale and have been drinking it for the last couple of weeks. It is a very nice beer with a mild flavor. This could be a session beer for me as it tastes very smooth and goes down nice.

Bell's Winter White Ale is described as-
A Wheat Ale brewed with American Wheat and a proprietary blend of Hefe and classic Belgian-style yeasts. A refreshing winter alternative created from the subtle fusion of two classic flavors.

Beer Advocate rates this beer a "B" overall and there are some really nice reviews for this beer. One I totally agreed with stated, "Very drinkable, thought it might be 7%-8% before looking, a nice spring/summer session beer, I'll be looking for more." I thought this could be a nice summer beer. It is very different from the stouts that seem to taste best on a cold winter night.

The Eminent Domain Blog gave it a nice review and even he stated, "I think that the Bell's Winter White Ale would be a perfect summer beer. It's not heavy, the alcohol content is moderate, and it's got a clean finish. That would make it an ideal beer for a warm summer night. It provides a refreshing flavor but doesn't weigh heavily in your stomach. If you enjoy hefeweizen style beers, you will love this."

I just really enjoyed this beer and could drink quite a few of them on a hot Saturday after golfing or just listening to the Detroit Tigers or the Detroit Red Wings beat the Colorado Rockies as they go after another Stanley Cup.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I'd like to see the Red Wings try to beat the Colorado Rockies - heh. The Colorado Avalanche play our hockey. I really liked drinking Bell's beers when I was back in Michigan a couple of months ago. Sadly, we don't get them out here in Colorado (yet). Perhaps one day we could figure out a way to trade beers.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online