My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Down a Buy In

I played about 90 minutes of poker today and finished down a buy in. I was pretty happy with my play but I could see there were several pots that I should have raised preflop and would probably have taken them down. I know I sound like a broken record but the poker videos are really helping my game. I just have to make myself play optimal poker. I was pretty tight on Full Tilt with a VP$IP of around 16% at 6 max. I am comfortable with that but I can see where there are some hands I could be playing to get it up around 20%. Still, at 16% with optimal play, I should be a winning player. Of course, it helps to get good cards today.

My big loss today was when I ran my pocket jacks into pocket Kings. Everything went in preflop which was stupid on my part as pocket Jacks are not that strong of a hand. I did suck out against another play when I four flushed with the worse hand to win the pot. So, all in all, it was a fair session and I am looking forward to playing again tomorrow. I hope to get as many as 3 hours in playing later today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online