My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm Back

Well, I'm back for a few more posts. My Micro Limit/No Limit challenge at Poker Stars is like a roller coaster ride. Sunday, I did very well and managed to triple up my buy-in and I was very happy with my play. Monday was a different story. It seemed like my good hands were always second best to a better hand. I ran pocket nines and queens into aces and that really hurt. Overall, I fell back to a little under what I had started with on Sunday so I am down a buy-in or so. Seems like everything that went right on Sunday went wrong on Monday.

I am learning quite a bit and I am finding out that I am not really that bad but the biggest thing I am learning is to keep my fucking mouse away from the all in. The pocket nines was just dumb. I put the villain on A/Q or A/J but going all in with nines against any A/rag is just a horse race and not a +EV play in the long run. As it was, against pocket Aces I didn't have a prayer. When I think about it, it was like an out of body experience and my head was saying call and see the flop and my mouse hand was saying, "Motherfucker, I want all your stack!!"

I wasn't on tilt or anything I was just stupid. I am smarter now.

The funny thing is I thought I made some pretty good laydowns but the two I didn't make cost me dearly. Oh well, that's poker and I am learning. I'll be at it again this week and see how I do.
____________________________
My golf is winding down. I did play 9 holes on Monday and shot pretty good but the weather is getting colder and I am ready to put the clubs up. I have been out power walking with my Ipod on and Mrs. Wolverine and I have been eating some delicious salads as I am attempting to lose quite a bit of weight.

The base of our salad is Romaine Hearts and then we go from there. Grilled chicken, onions, feta cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, tomatoes, crutons, peppers, radishes, etc. etc. have all been in our salads. We have a wonderful produce store in Lansing called Horrocks Farm Market where we get all kinds of fresh fruit and vegetables at an excellent price. We are going to have some golden acorn squash, some sweet potatoes, more salads and loads of other healthy food for our dinners in the coming days. I can feel the pounds just melt away.

I am working on eating healthier and exercising more so that I can get my blood pressure and cholesterol down to normal levels. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

1 Comments:

Blogger surflexus said...

Best of luck with the weight loss. Tripjax has a diet plan that has helped me quite a bit. You may want to check with him and get a copy.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online