My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Big Day gone bad

My big day of Poker on PokerStars didn't end up quite like I expected Sunday. I made it through the first hour of the PokerStars World Blogger Championships until this hand set me back quite a little bit.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

MP2 (t10000)
MP3 (t31025)
CO (t12950)
Wolverine Fan (t18250)
SB (t20500)
BB (t16620)
UTG (t16200)
UTG+1 (t55350)
Zagga (t16045)

Preflop: Wolverine Fan is Button with Ac, Kh.
2 folds, MP1 raises to t3000, 3 folds, Wolverine Fan raises to t10000, 2 folds, Zagga raises to t16045, Wolverine Fan calls t6045.

Flop: (t32990) 9d, 6s, 6h (2 players)

Turn: (t32990) Th (2 players)

River: (t32990) Jc (2 players)

Final Pot: Zagga has 9s 9c (full house, nines full of sixes).
Wolverine Fan has Ac Kh (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: Zagga wins t32990.

I reraised Zagga in hopes of getting him to fold and taking down the blinds plus his raise. I really don't like A/K that much as it is a drawing hand (a very good drawing hand) but when he went all in I was good with that as my hand was better than average. This really was the end of my game. I did chip up just a bit but lost everything a little bit later.

My Brittbloggerment tourney didn't last very long as my all in with pocket queens ran into this:
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

Wolverine Fan (t1370)
BB (t705)
UTG (t1870)
UTG+1 (t1270)
MP1 (t2110)
MP2 (t1805)
MP3 (t1350)
CO (t3065)
Button (t1305)

Preflop: Wolverine Fan is SB with Qs, Qd.
2 folds, MP1 raises to t120, 2 folds, CO raises to t420, 1 fold, Wolverine Fan calls t405, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t2110, CO raises to t3065, Wolverine Fan calls t950 (All-In).

Flop: (t6575) Qc, Ts, Jh (3 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t6575) 8c (3 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t6575) Ac (3 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: t6575

Results:
Wolverine Fan has Qs Qd (three of a kind, queens).
MP1 has Ad Kc (straight, ace high).
CO has Ks Kd (straight, ace high).
Outcome: MP1 wins t3287.50. CO wins t3287.50.

I probably should have folded when two players went all in ahead of me. I would have been left with $900 in chips and, as it was very early in the tournament, had a good chance to chip up and finish well. However, I didn't and when the Queen fell on the flop I was dancing in the streets. I was typing No, No when I saw that an Ace on the river would beat me and, sure enough, the 3 outer bit me in the butt and GG me.

Freaking 3 outer on the river. That's poker.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rod said...

AK has been killing me lately - however - look at it this way - if you win you are sitting pretty - lose - you can move on back to real life for the day instead of playing 4 more house and THEN going out with AK.

You had a 55% chance of taking him down. What can ya do!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Rod said...

Hand #2.

Yup - hard fold but you figure there is a raiser and a reraiser.

That reraise would mean that this guy is serious and I have 2 outs.

OF COURSE you hit your Q LOL

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hand 1 - Not getting away from that once i have re-raised so much. Just gotta take the race, but more seriously, zagga is a tight player, so you would have been better seeing a flop and then re-evaluating.

hand 2- Depending on the players I would very rarely fold QQ pre flop. There are simply only two better starting hands in poker and if you are willing to fold it once you have committed a third of your stack, i think it would be pretty bad poker. I think there was nothing you could do here mate, just unlucky, especially after flopping the set!!!!!!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online