My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Please Critique my Play

Microstakes No Limit. I really don't have a read on anyone as I have only played about 30 hands. Nobody strikes me as being a donkey at this point.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.Com (Format: HTML)

Hero ($2.70)
Button ($5.25)
SB ($17.05)
BB ($4.90)
UTG ($5.40)
UTG+1 ($10.15)
MP1 ($13.70)
MP2 ($9.90)
Preflop: Hero is HERO with Qd, Ts. I am just looking to steal the blinds here from the Cutoff. If I get called I am in O.K. position.

4 folds, HERO raises to $0.3, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold.

Flop: ($0.70) 2c, 4d, Qc (2 players) SB calls but I flop TP/GK. Two clubs on board I want to take this pot down right now so I bet to eliminate odds for the flush.

SB checks, HERO bets $0.4, SB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.50) Qs (2 players) Bingo! Now I have trip queens and I really don't want to get beat by a flush so I go all in.

SB checks, HERO bets $2 (All-In), SB calls $2.

River: ($0) 7c (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $5.50

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Seeing how you are the low stack at that table and the SB probably thinks he can easily survive an all-in from you, I think that your shove was a good play. He probably felt that you were either on a steal or had an Ace rag. He probably held a small to mid-pair himself.

Worse case is that he had a better Queen than you but you aren't going to change your strategy on top pair.

But if you had a bigger stack to work with then I'd probably not shove at this point in fear of a flush draw. If he had a net flush draw he'd be calling just about anything (perhaps). Depends on your read of this player.

Hope you doubled up here.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online