My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

How'd I play this hand?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

Wolverine Fan (t5360)
MP1 (t6785)
MP2 (t1495)
CO (t910)
Button (t2085)
SB (t4315)
BB (t1580)
UTG (t4470)


Preflop: Wolverine Fan is UTG+1 with Tc, Ac.

1 fold, Wolverine Fan raises to t400, 4 folds, SB calls t350, 1 fold.

Flop: (t900) 6c, Ad, Ah (2 players)

SB bets t500, Wolverine Fan raises to t1500, SB calls t1000. I was raising here to see if he had an ace with a better kicker than me. When he just called I pretty much figured I had it.

Turn: (t3900) As (2 players)

SB bets t900, UTGB raises to t1800, SB calls t900. Them's Quad Biotches!! Now all I want is to try and get the most money out of him.

River: (t7500) 3s (2 players)

SB bets t615 (All-In), Wolverine Fan calls t615. He obliges and goes all in and its all over but the crying.<br>
Final Pot: t8730

I went on to finish 3rd in this 2 table SitNgo. I was card dead for a while after being top 2 in chips for most of the way and then had my pocket pairs beat by A/Q and A/10 when aces flopped and IGHN. This feels good as I was losing to some extraordinay suckouts. I was 4-flushed a couple of times and was at the point that I decided it wasn't worth going in with the best hand because I was always losing to lesser hands that would get great flops.

Hopefully things are turned around now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the way you played this wolv. Too many players try and slow-play these hands and anyone with half-a-brain can smell it from 300 yds! By re-raising that flop your opponent must have been thinkinhg that there is no way you would re-raise with an ace and then when the third ace fell it must have confirmed it in his mind. So vwp mate. Rine those fiiiish!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Rod said...

Good reraise - what I would be worried about is him with an ace and then watching some rag make his boat.

Trips is a delicate hand I feel and I would want to win it right now!

Slow plying can really kill you . . . . . . .unless you have quad aces!!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online