My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Donkish Play Wolverine Style

Chipper had an interesting writeup on his blog regarding Recognizing Donkish Betting Patterns and how he was able to exploit a player who's "betting style soon turned into a recognizable pattern that you could almost predict with some certainty to what he was holding." (Chipper's words).
Chipper was able to exploit this donkey for quite a bit of money.

I ran into a similar situation with a player who played every hand, bet if he got any piece of the flop and was almost impossible to get off a hand. And he kicked my butt. I was dealt the most beautiful hands for a short session of Limit Holdem on Full Tilt and he won every one of them.

The worse was when he had A/5 vs my A/Q (he was out of position and he called my preflop raise) and an ace came on the flop which also brought 2 clubs , the turn was a club and river a club and his shitty kicker, the 5 is a club and he wins with a flush. I raised his flop bet and after that he just check called until the river when he led out with a bet and I knew he had a club and I was beat but made the crying call anyway.

It was not a good day for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Even the donks win hands every once in a while. It always hurts when it's against you. Have patience and pick your hands carefully and you'll get them in the long run.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online