My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Some good, some bad

I have been watching a lot of poker training videos and have enjoyed them immensely. The nice thing is that they reinforce many aspects of my play while they are teaching me new things about Texas Holdem. A nice little double up in the learning department. It is always good to know that you are doing some things right and good to learn new things.

I was able to put my new found wisdom into play tonight with mixed results. Overall I was a winning player tonight but 3 hands (all at the same table to 3 different players) cost me from having a really, really good night. The first was when I ran pocket Kings into pocket Aces. All in after the flop and I rebuy. The second was when My A/Q on a queen high board ran into pocket Kings which were played pretty well and I rebuy again. The third was when my Pocket Queens went up against A/K off, an ace on the flop and an ace on the turn and it was time for me to leave that table.

My pocket Kings running into Pocket Aces is just poker. Hard to get away from that hand. The other two hands were probably not played well by me as I was trying to recoup my stack after the Aces vs. King fiasco.

Like I said, though, overall I was a winner and took a nice little profit in for the night. Just wasn't as good as I had hoped. I'll be watching more videos and trying to recoup those losses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online