My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Moved up in Stakes

I hate to write anything good about my poker play because the Poker Gods seem to look down on any positive thoughts and decide to stick it to you where the sun doesn't shine. That being said, I have moved up in stakes in my No Limit Play. I was playing the No Limit Hold'em $10 tables and now have moved up to the $25 dollar tables.

The difference in play is like night and day. The higher limits respect your preflop raise a lot more, don't tend to call your raise with the bizarre low number/high gap cards like 2/6 off or 3/7 off and then hit it big on the flop. They don't seem to chase the flush draw as much. I just think it is a better quality of play and it is suiting my style much better. And I am respecting the other players raises a lot more and folding now instead of calling because I have doubts on what my opponent is playing. Amazing how much money you can save by folding.

I think when you raise preflop the .50 or .75 cent raise means a lot more than the .30 sent raise at the lower limits. When you bet a dollar that seems to be more like real money to the players than when you bet a few dimes.

I moved up at Absolute and Full Tilt because my bankrolls on those sites can support the higher stakes. I still buy in short but it is still a respectable amount, just not a full buy in.

Now Poker Gods don't read this as me getting cocky or bragging. I'm not. I'm just telling my two readers what is new in my poker play.
______________________________
Grinder has been writing more about politics lateley. I am not thrilled about either of the party candidates, Barack Obama (or Hillary if she can pull of a miracle) or McCain.

I had to chuckle at the latest exchange between Obama and McCain when McCain is taking Obama to task about Al Qaeda being in Iraq and that is why they call it Al Qaeda in Iraq. Obama comes back with the comment that if Bush and McCain hadn't invaded Iraq there wouldn't be any Al Qaeda in that country. How do you respond to that? He is right. Sadam had his country in control and I don't think he had anything to do with Al Qaeda.

It would even be hard for McCain to justify invading Iraq because of Sadam. There are at least 10 other countries on this earth with worse dictators than Sadam was. You could argue that Cuba with Castro was a better country to invade than Iraq. We could have taken Cuba with just a naval bombardment. And what about Iran?

Sorry <Grinder, didn't know you wrote about the exact same thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ice Girl said...

The Poker Gods are inviting you to play in an online poker blogger tournament series thats offering a seat to the WSOP. Check it out at www.bodogbloggertournament.com

3:57 PM  
Blogger Rod said...

I think NL25 is a better game for guys like you and me. The opponents are easier to read.

I have had hidious luck with pushing my stack but that is just bad luck. I win constantly otherwise.

There are still 2 or 3 fish at a table and that is all you really need. Not the 6 or 7 fish.

I raise in with $1 - easy to do with my left index finger on the one. This way I always raise the same - no reads. I also auto raise with any cards I want to play with zero or 1 limper.

Even if I have 76s I'll raise $1 if I'm first to act.

I like NL25.

4:36 PM  
Blogger junkbutton said...

Congratulations on moving up... It's something I'm thinking about doing too. My roll can definitely handle it, I just don't know if I can... I'll be interested in reading how you make out.

Goodluck...

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online