My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Perfect Storm

Remember the movie, The Perfect Storm with George Clooney when, in October 1991, three weather systems collided off the coast of Nova Scotia to create a storm of singular fury, boasting waves over one hundred feet high. It was the storm of the century, a tempest created by so rare a combination of factors that meteorologists deemed it "the perfect storm." Well, I had the "Perfect Hand" today when a combination of factors all came together to let me triple up my buy-in.

The first sign of good fortune was when I was allowed to limp into a 3 way pot with 3/3 from the BB. The second sign of good fortune was when I hit my set on a flop of K/4/3, two of them clubs. The third sign of good fortune was when the 4 of clubs came on the flop to make a flush possible and give me a full house. The river was a queen and I was all in. UTG called as he had made his flush and an MP player called with trip 4's. I took this hand down with my full house and tripled up.

It was the "Perfect Hand" because of all of the above factors coming together to make for a large pot. The player with the flush had to figure his hand was pretty good and the guy with trip 4's was probably betting on a wing and a prayer as his trip 4's was the worse hand of the three and it looks like he just couldn't get away from it.
________________________________
I saw another hand that was the perfect hand for someone else. I don't remember what I had but I folded preflop. Two other players played out the hand and one was stacked when his King high flush ran into his opponents straight flush. The funny thing is the guy with the King (Kc/Js) actually had a bigger straight (as well as a flush) but his Jack was a spade and his opponent had 8/J of clubs to complete the idiot end of the straight but because his cards were clubs, his was a straight flush.

So Picture this - Player one had Kc/Js, player two had 8c/Jc. Flop is 9c, Qc,6c. Turn is the 10c and I don't remember what the river was but both were all in at this point.

That would have been a very tough hand to lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online