My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Good Old JokerStars

I have been fortunate to be a winning player at the higher stakes ($25 No Limit) at Full Tilt and Absolute Poker. So here is what happens when I try the higher stakes at PokerStars.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

MP ($24.35)
CO ($25)
Button ($27.40)
SB ($48.90)
BB ($9.25)
Hero ($9.80)

Preflop: Wolverine Fan is UTG with Qd, Qh.
Wolverine Fan raises to $0.75, MP calls $0.75, 3 folds, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.35) 4d, 5c, Jd (3 players)
BB bets $1.25, Wolverine Fan raises to $2.5, MP raises to $10, BB folds, Wolverine Fan calls $6.55 (All-In).

Turn: ($21.70) 2d (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($21.70) 3c (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $21.71

Results:
Wolverine Fan has Qd Qh (one pair, queens).
MP has Ah Jc (straight, five high).
Outcome: MP wins $22.64.

I had been playing quite tight and was very patient and this was the first good hand I had in a long time. Good ol' runner-runner.

Typical on PokerStars.

Edit: I reloaded and kept playing at PokerStars. A maniac came to the table and started to run over everyone. I stayed patient and just played good hands. Finally, I got A/J spades UTG and I raised $1 and had two callers including the maniac. Flop comes Jack high with two spades and the maniac bets big and I raise all in. He calls wtih K/Q diamonds. No Kings, no queens but another spade comes on the river and I double up for the first time. A few hands later I get 7/7 and limp in. A 7 comes on the flop to complete my set. The maniac bets big, I go all in and he calls and my set holds up to get me back to even for the day. Maybe JokerStars isn't so bad after all.

Dear Poker Gods. I am still not bragging, just telling my two readers how I did today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i much prefer poker than golf... no offense mate

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online