My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

No Poker Today

I haven't played any poker in a couple of days and probably won't be able to play again until Sunday as work is keeping me away from the tables. I am working five 12 hour days this week and that leaves little time for poker after I get some sleep and do my household duties.

I have been able to watch some poker videos and am really enjoying them. I can understand how joing one of the video training sites can really help your game. They are a bit pricey for me at this time so I will probably have to forgo joining any for a while. I realize that I should be able to win the price of admission from what I learn from the videos but it is getting on to summer and I will be golfing more and playing poker less so I think I will wait until the fall.
I bought a six pack of Grolsch Amber Ale on Sale at my local beer store and I enjoyed the first one I had. Grolsch is a Dutch Beer and the amber ale was began distributin to the United States just a few short years ago. I would put this beer on par with Killians.
Rate Beer gave it a so-so rating but Beer Advocate gave it a slightly better rating of B-. Some of the comments were, "It has an excellent malty taste with a bit of light citrus/tangerine flavor. It's not a hoppy beer at all. It goes down extremely smooth, it's a very good beer." and "Taste is really malty, with a nice bitter finish. Great balance."
The funny thing is that the Grolsch website is an interactive site where you have to solve a mystery (if you so chose). It was great fun. If you are going to their website just to read up on their beers you will be greatly disappointed but if you are a gamer and like doing a little role playing and get into this interactive mystery, you will love it. I had a great time trying to solve the mystery which took me about an hour or so to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Back in my college drinking days, I'd occasionally pick up a few bottles of Grolsch in their green flip top bottles. It was decent enough beer (I wasn't as picky back then). These days, its a rare event that I pick up an import beer. I like Ambers but probably wouldn't go out of my way to pick up an import anymore. Regardless of how RateBeer or Beer Advocate rates things, you simply have to judge a beer yourself.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online