My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Poker fading to Golf

I didn't play any poker today for the first time in about a week. I really don't want to say anything about my poker because the Gods are favoring me in much of my play. I have had some unbelievable wins lately (will try to post the most unbelievable one tomorrow) and am running good at Absolute Poker and Full Tilt. I am down a bit at PokerStars but it could be much worse as I have been able to claw my way back after being stacked early the last two times I have played.

I know that variance works both ways when one plays a lot of poker but I have to admit when the cards go against me it is a lot harder to take. Isn't that just the smartest thing anyone can say about playing any game or sport. When I lose it sucks. Wow, genius.

Anyone that has played a lot of poker and had the inevitable downswings will know what I am talking about. Aces getting cracked time and again by terrible hands or unbelievable runner/runner or river cards. Full house losing to higher full house, sets losing to flushes over and over. Those times feel like you are never going to win at this game again and closing down the computer or not going on tilt is a victory in itself.

Spring is slowly coming to Michigan and as soon as it is in full bloom and bordering on summer my poker playing will go way down to almost nothing while golf takes over. Just when I am starting to feel like I know what I am doing playing No Limit Texas Hold'em. It has taken me the better part of the winter to finally show some gains in this cruel game. And it may be put on hiatus soon.

I guess I had better put in some productive hours in the next 3 to 4 weeks before I start to curse the golf Gods for guiding my drives into the ponds or smack dab behind the only tree between me and the green.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online