My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Was this a Donkey Call??

This was the 11th hand in this particular session. I had played only one hand prior to this hand when I limped from the BB w/ A/2 off and I folded on a turn bet. The villain had played one hand prior and folded to a turn bet, too.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $.25/$.10
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:Seat 3 - TATERLEGS ($54.20 in chips)
Seat 4 - LZFSB3 ($9.15 in chips)
Seat 5 - SKINNY1314 ($81.67 in chips)
Seat 6 - ASHTOXI ($25 in chips)
Seat 1 - BASJE ($11.59 in chips)
Seat 2 - DJ_JIM ($14.15 in chips)

Pre-flop: (5 players) LZFSB3 is SB with :Ks :Ad
UTG folds, DJ_JIM raises to $1, Button folds, LZFSB3 raises to $2.25, BB folds, DJ_JIM calls.

I see this as a blind steal, possibly A/rag or Q/J, K/rag and I reraise in hopes of taking pot right now.

Flop: :4h :2h :Jh ($33.3, 2 players)
LZFSB3 bets $2, DJ_JIM raises to $6.25, LZFSB3 raises all-in $6.90, DJ_JIM calls.

I did standard continuation bet and when he raised there was only .65 cents more for me to go all in so I did. If I call his raise I only have .65 cents left anyway so I go all in. I'm not worried about flush at all and still have him on Blind Steal with A/rag hand.

Turn: :6s ($17.65, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $17.65)

River: :4d ($17.65, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $17.65)

Results:
Final pot: $17.65
DJ_JIM Shows Kd Qh
LZFSB3 Shows Ks Ad
This player started to berate my call, saying such things as "Donkey call", "I had no hearts, how could I call that?", etc.
He commented on my short stack but he didn't have much more than I did so I'm not sure what was up with that.

Was my play so terrible? I only played three hands out of about 26 hands and left because of this player and another berating my play.

1 Comments:

Blogger junkbutton said...

I probably would have let it go after the flop raise, but at these stakes, there's probably an argument for moving in as well. The only way I know I would have played it different is I would have raised more preflop. Just barely doubling his raise is letting him in for cheap on a hugely wide range of hands that can easily outflop you.

Otherwise, nh...

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online