My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Feast or Famine

It was feast or famine on the Poker Front today.

The feast was when I managed to win a 2 Table SitNGo on PokerStars. I was chip leader for most of the time on the final table until one other player went on a heater and took out two others to take over the chip lead. We were on the bubble for what seemed like a half hour until it burst and then the 4 of us were in the money and I was second high in chips. After another good stretch it was I was finally heads up and he had me outchipped by about a third.

It was a great heads up match and I found out pretty early that he was a better postflop player than I was so I had to change my strategy. I started to push all in with even the remotest chance of winning and I think this took him by surprise as he folded a lot of hands early. He started to play back at me but luck would have it I ran into a stretch of some nice hands and I would reraise him all in and he would fold his hand. He did double up once when my A/J off went up agianst his K/Q off and he flopped a king. I stuck with my strategy and I really think he began to get frustrated as he finally went all in with a less than premium hand against my A/10. He didn't improve and I take down the tournament.

The Famine was when I dropped a buy-in at Full Tilt playing $1/$2 Limit Texas Holdem. I started out great when I rivered a flush to win a nice size pot but it went down hill from there. Part of it was my play and part of it was just running into great hands when I only had good hands. I lost to Quad Queens, Trip Kings and an A/K off (limped in with it) when the King hit the river. I wasn't too upset because I know I can play at this level and that the cards were just against me today.

One thing I have to do is get into the correct mindset at this level because the play is so much better here than at the lower levels. I'm going to keep at this level for a bit longer and see how it goes. I use to play this level at Titan Poker before the UIGEA was passed and I was a successful player there so I'm pretty sure I can do all right at Full Tilt. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online