My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Treading Water

My Chris Ferguson Challenge is just treading water for the last week or so. I have been as high as $6 and as low as .50 cents and right now it is at $3 dollars and some change. The biggest problem is I don't have the bankroll to play back at someone when they hit me with a moderate raise. I have tried to play tight and only see the flop with premium hands. Unfortunately Poker.com is ganging up on my by not giving me very many premium hands. Today I played for an hour or so and the best hands I was dealt was A/K off, two times. I wasn't dealt any big pocket pairs and I wasn't able to flop a set with my small pocket pairs. The hands I did win were with Kings and that kept me pretty much at even for the day.


I will keep trying to build my bankroll with my Challenge or will go broke trying. I can't really say I am learning much as the microstakes are unreal for people calling with crap and sucking out to win the hand. I'm hoping I can survive the microstakes and get into a little higher No Limit game where the play is not as fishy.
____________________________________________
I am going to ask Santa Claus to bring me some Poker Videos to help me step up my game. Does anyone out there know any good training videos for a medium to good players. I don't want beginner videos but would drather have training videos for advanced players. I have watched a little of Final Table Poker with Phil Gordon and I really liked it. That would be one I think I would be interested in.


I can't afford to join Cardrunners so I will have to find some other less expensive training videos.

1 Comments:

Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Keep it up.. The secret to low level punks IMHO is to play a very passive game, hit a huge hand, and have them make a stupid call..

For instance. I could go all in pre-flop with my A3 (which I did cause I was in a hurry) and get called by T5h and lose..

.. Or I can jam the river of a 44JJ8 board and get called by K8.. and win..

Passive play does not work higher up so much because they MAKE it expensive to draw and hit hands but at the lowest levels it seems better to me..

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online