My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Bonehead Mistake


I was doing pretty well in my first HORSE tourney on Poker Stars. It was just a $1 dollar buy-in but I still wanted to do well and win some money. I was playing very tight as I did not play this variety of games much and I did not know most of the games very well. I had never played RAZZ but had played Omaha and Stud, and of course Limit (Fixed, Pot, and No Limit), so I was fairly comfortable playing most of the hands. I had made it through the second break and was in good shape to make it into the money when I made my bonehead mistake.

I didn't realize that the game had changed from RAZZ to Stud and I played my hand as a RAZZ hand. And I had a really good RAZZ hand, a winner, I believe. However, it was a lousy Stud hand. It was so stupid that I couldn't even get upset with being ousted short of the money. I deserved to be beat doing something that dumb.

I must admit I was watching TV while playing which help lead to my demise. My beloved Redwings were playing and they loss to Calgary, 3 to 2. That is where a lot of my interest was focused, helping me miss the switch in games.
______________________________________
I played 18 holes of golf on Tuesday and again today at Prairie Creek. I am still playing practice rounds until the greens are ready to go, probably by Monday. They were aerated last fall and are just a bit bumpy still. By Monday they should be in good shape and then I will start playing for score.
I switched from my high lofted 12 degree driver because of all the wind in April to my 10.5 degree driver. I can hit the 10.5 degree driver farther and I get more roll because of the lower ball flight but I hit my 12 degree driver straighter. Once the wind dies down I will have to make a decision of which driver to play with. Who knows, by then I may be hitting my lower lofted driver much straighter and will stick with it. Actually it is a pretty good dilemma to have, deciding which driver to use and being happy with either one of them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! I have done it many times mate, on stars, they should make it much clearer when changing games, rather than just the little message in the chat box! I have the laptop in the lounge and so I cant help watching the TV at the same time! Hope ou can make the blogger game this week!

ATB

BM

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online