My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Overheard in Congress

This was a conversation that was recently overheard in Congress.

Barney Frank, "Hi, Nancy. How has your day been?"
Nancy Pelosi, "Great, Barney. We have that ass Bush on the run now. I wan to thank you for helping get the different bills passed. Especially our bill for getting our soldiers to pull out of Iraq."

Barney, "Not a problem, Nancy. I am happy to help promote our agenda."

Nancy, "I owe you one, Barney. Let me know if you need anything."

Barney, "Well, now that you mention it I would really like to get a bill rescinded that that ass Bill Frist snuck in at the 11th hour attached to the Port Authority Bill."

Nancy, "You're talking about that gambling thing, aren't you? I don't think we really want to legalize internet gambling, Barney."

Barney, "Now, Nancy. The people are gambling online anyway. We know prohibition didn't work with alcohol in the 20's and is not working with gambling now. I think we can generate a lot of tax revenue off this internet gambling by taxing and regulating it. Plus, those online poker players have some clout because they are saying they ousted a couple of the republicans in the last election. I just want to level the playing field and make it fair to everyone. And, you do owe me."

Nancy, "You're right, Barney. I do owe you one and I think there is potential for quite a bit of tax revenue from this gambling stuff. Send me the bill you are proposing and I think I can get it through committee and on the floor for vote. How does that sound?"

Barney, "That would be great. At least we can show the American people that we are willing to debate these issues and not get them passed by cloak and dagger tactics that Frist lowered himself to."

Hey, you never know. It could happen like this.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I know about American politics, you could write on the back of a postage stamp, but I do know that this is *ahem* unlikely!

;-)

Nothing wrong with optomism though!!!

BM

1:34 PM  
Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

I would love to see that conversation take place. Nothing wrong with hope, is there?

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online