My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bank Roll Management

I am going to write an article for Poker Savvy on Bank Roll Management with the point being that Bank Roll Management has never been more important for American, and possible Canadian players, since the passage of the UIGEA which made Firepay and Neteller pull out of the U.S. of A. and, eventually, Canada.

Am I on the mark here? I contend that you have to really manage your bankroll better now because it is harder to deposit since passage of the UIGEA. Before, if you had a bad session or two and drop a few hundred dollars, you just reloaded wiht neteller. Now that reload is not as smooth or easy.

I use to skip over the bank roll chapters when reading my Poker Books. Now I really am trying to manage my bankroll as well as I can because I am not willing to have a different way to redeposit at every poker room I play.
________________________________
Playing my first HORSE Tournament on Poker Stars. Made it through the first break but I really don't know what I'm doing in some of the games. Oh well, was only a buck.

1 Comments:

Blogger WindBreak247 said...

I agree, BR Management is more important than ever.

And now that that is the case, I'm actually having a lot more fun playing poker when I have the added challenge of making sure not to go broke.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks to drop down when you have to, but if you can take pride in your BR Management abilities, then its just an added challenge to pursue.

Its kind of like trying to beat a video game. You have x number of lives to get to the end, and those may increase or decrease as you go. Some levels are easy and you fly through them, some are hard and you just can't get past them, and sometimes you get unlucky when you keep getting beat by the same easy monsterk because you hit the A button just a split second late, but if you run out of lives, you have to start over. Whereas, pre-UIGEA you could just load up on lives again and pick up where you left off, whether you deserve to start on that level or not.

Good luck w/the article!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online