My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Folding Your Way into the Money

If you have read my previous posts you know that I have been running badly in my poker play of late. I decided to sit down at a couple of 2 Table SitNGos at Poker Stars fter a two day imposed hiatus where I didn't play any poker but studied up on the game and got my head back on right and see if Ms. Variance had left me and was my game back on straight.

Well, I crapped out of one SitNgo in 11th place with some so-so play on my part and going all in on the final hand where my Q/Q met up against K/K and 10/10. Believe it or not, we all made our sets but the Kings prevailed and I go home now. The flop was 10, rag, K and the turn was my Q. River was an Ace. What a fucked up board that was. Set over set over set and IGHN.

The other SitnGo I played quite well and was 3rd in chips when it got down to 5 handed. Four players make the money. What did I do? I folded my way into the money. And I write that line with a sneer on my face and me shaking my head as I can't believe that is how I did it.

Folding to get into the money goes against all of my poker instincts. And I didn't just fold 2/7 off or 9/5 off and such hands that you would never play anyway. I folded K/K, 8/8, and A/J when it was five handed. The Kings was the hardest fold. The Chipleader raised 3X the BB ($1200) and I folded my Kings.

I'll post hand histories tomorrow to get things exactly right as my memory may be a bit off.

I always play the bubble and shorthanded hard. I normally would have went all in immediately against the chipleader and, if he had aces so be it. But I folded!! Kings!!

The very next hand I fold 8/8 and didn't even try to steal the blinds with it. Disgusting. And all because I had been running bad and I just wanted to finish in the money. Hoping that would break my streak of bad beats. Well, it worked I got into the final four and even took out the 4th place player and ended up finishing 3rd after my A/J went up against 4/4 and I didn't improve. I quit after that because I wasn't real happy with how I played my hands in the end.

I'll sit down again tomorrow and try to get the old Wolverine Fan back. The one that goes all in with Pocket Kings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get the same way sometimes mate. You know when the big stack raised he most probably had an ace and your KK would get sucked out on for sure! Very rarely on stars does a small stack beat the big-stack, no matter wht they are holding, or is that ust me?? lol. Also what do you mean you folded 7/2, a hand you would never play?? OMG thats he best hand in poker! U win with that and all the rest is easy!!!

Anyway I hope things start running better for ya and also hope to see you tonight if you can make it!

ATB

BM

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online