My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Blizzard = Deal'em!!

Variance has reared its ugly head lately and I was losing every race, it seemed. I would go in with the best hand and the river would knock me for a loop.
My usual way to fix the problem of variance is to stop playing cards for a couple of days and read up on Poker Strategy to help reinforce that it wasn't just me doing donkey plays but it was the way the cards fall in this never ending game of poker.
The Blizzard of April 2007 has me changing my mind and I am going to sit down at the tables this afternoon and see if I can't put the kibosch on this variance creature.
Can't golf. Roads to slippery to go anywhere so, hell, might as well play poker.
I'll run an update on how my afternoon goes.
_______________________________________
AFTERNOON POKER UPDATE: I should have curled up with a good poker book (like my friend here is doing) instead of playing this afternoon. Variance was still out to get me as I was booted out of two SitNGos after going in with best hand.
My 7/7 vs. K/J (54% to 45%) lost when a 10 came on the river to complete the straight and my 10/10 vs. 6/6 (81% to 19%) went down in flames when the villain flopped a six to complete his set. I did win back some playing microstakes Limit Holdem on Poker Stars so the afternoon wasn't a complete loss.
I am going to take a break for the next couple of days and read some Sklansky and Gordon and just give my Poker Jones a rest and recoup a bit. I hope to play in the Britbloggerment on Sunday but my grandson's Birthday Party is that day so may not be able to make it. It would be easier if it was a bit later in the day but it is the Brit's tournament and we are playing it during their prime time, so................

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! We are having the best easter weather for years and years and you guys are getting blizzards!!!
Global Warming........

Anyway I hope you can make it Sunday, but it's totally understandable if you can't.

All The Best

BM

2:07 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

The snow is starting to fall here in Colorado. Expecting up to 6" of the white stuff.

Thx for the heads up on the Britbloggerment tourney. I'll see if I can play that one. I have another tourney on Sunday as well around the same time - so may be multitabling that!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online