My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Poker, The Masters and Survivor (in that order)

That’s Poker
I had some bad losses in my SitNGos yesterday on Absolute Poker. I lost 4 different SitNGos when I went in with the best hand only to be beaten by a straight or a flush. The worse one was when I was on the Big Blind and found Ace/King. One player in EP limped in and I raised three times the BB. He called and we saw the flop which contained 4 6 K. I went all in and was called by EP with King/Eight. I had him dominated. The turn was a 5 and he rivered the 7 to complete his straight and I was history. Pretty much the same thing happened on the other 3 games. I would have finished in the money on every one of them if I win the hand. Instead I am 0 for 4 and wondering what I did to upset the Poker Gods. Today on Absolute I finished in the money on 3 out of 4 SitNGos and yesterday was in the past. I am happy with my game and feel I am playing very well. I am patient and am betting correctly when I have the cards.

The Masters
This week-end is the Masters, the most hallowed even in golfdom. Will Tiger win his fifth Green Jacket? Will Phil win his second? VJ his second? How about Jim Furyk or Fred Couples or a recuperated Ernie Els? I think this year will be won by a lesser know player like Geoff Olgilvy, Nick Ohearn, Mark Hensby, Ben Curtis, or Lucas Glover. All good players but not in the top echelon. I am going with the lesser knowns. If this was Horse Racing I guess I would be betting the field.
Would you rather watch the Masters or the World Series of Poker, or go golfing or play poker? Personally, I would rather be playing than watching so if the weather is nice this week-end, I may not see much of the Masters as I will be out on the links trying to hone my game. If the weather is inclement, I will be on Absolute trying to raise my bankroll.
I only watch a little TV any more. I watch the Amazing Race and Survivor and Detroit Red Wings hockey when they are in the Stanley Cup Playoffs (which is every year). I don’t like the old couple on the Amazing Race and I don’t like Lake. I like the hippies and MOJO and Jeremy and his partner. They have fun while they are playing. I really like the hippies as they never get mad at each other they just are having fun.
In the Survivor previews, why is Terry telling anyone that he has the immunity idol from Exile Island?? Doesn’t make any sense. He should have given it to Nick on the last show to save him from being voted out then Shane would have had to go as he had the second most votes. Terry is a lot like Tom, the NY Fireman that won a couple of seasons ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online