My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, March 27, 2006

More Golf, Less Poker

More golf, less Poker
I think I will be writing more about golf than poker for the rest of the summer. My poker playing is starting to make me question my ability. I can play in low limit SitNGos and finish in the money more times than not but when I play No Limit Ring Games for .25/.10 blinds, I am getting killed. I am not sure if it is me or just a bad streak. I have lost $90 dollars in the past week on Party Poker and that is where the fish are suppose to be. I am not going to bore you with hand historys, although I have saved quite a few of my losing hands. I know partly it is me and the way I am betting and partly it is just bad luck that I am getting the good cards when other people have the good cards that are better than mine. It is very disheartening and I think I may need to cut back for a while and try to see just where I am at in my poker ability.

Golfed Sunday
I played golf Sunday and it was great. Temps were in the mid-40s with no wind so it wasn’t too bad. Ten more degrees would have been perfect, though. I shot 48 on the front and 45 on the back. Not bad for third time out and not going to the driving range. I had two bad holes on the back nine or else would have scored real well. The front nine was just bad luck with some putting and two holes that I screwed up and took high scores. I was unable to string together any pars on the front where on the back I parred 4 of the nine holes (10 and 11 and 17 and 18). No birdies yet this year. I have some work to do on my swing. I am trying to come on an inside path and I think I am accomplishing it but I am also getting a large draw, borderline hook on my fairway woods and my mid-irons. I want a draw but I want it consistent where I can trust it swing after swing. I am lining up way to the right of the target to get the ball to draw/hook into the fairway or onto the green. Again, I can work on it and try to develop it into more of a draw and less of a hook but so far I am quite pleased with my swing and my play to date.

I have 2 or 3 goals with my golf. I don’t want any 9 hole rounds in the 50’s or 18 hole rounds in the 100’s. I don’t want any snowmen on my card. And, if I can accomplish goal number one then my last goal is to score more nine hole rounds in the 30’s than I do in the 50’s. Talk about a range of scores……..from high 30’s to low 50’s. That is more than a stroke per hole over 9 holes. Some days are like that, though, when it comes to golf. You can hit the ball great and have bad results or you can 3 putt a few greens and chunk a chip so no you are flirting with 50 with two holes to play. Pressure baby!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online