My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Poker, Golf and Basketball

Party Poker rocks!
My Poker playing has been on hiatus for much of this week. Work and family obligations have curtailed the time I can put into playing. I did venture out to Party Poker early on Wednesday morning and with literally just one good hand, Ace/King from the BB, I was able to make a $12 dollar profit. I played for a little over an hour and did not get any big pocket pairs or A/K, A/Q, A/J, etc. that would help to take down pots. I did get dealt a pair of sixes that I had to fold after the flop came out with two overcards and were bet up pretty good. I was able to win a couple of hands by stealing the blinds after being patient for over 45 minutes and projecting the image that I was a tight player and if I was betting I must have something good.

My one big win was due as much to luck as to any good card playing by me. I was playing .25/.10 No Limit and on about the fourth hand I was dealt Ace/King in the Big Blind. There were about 3 limpers, including one from early position, one from late position and the small blind. I raised my A/K and everyone called. The flop was Jack Seven Ten rainbow. Now I was on a straight draw but it was an inside straight. I checked and EP led off with a $2 bet, LP called and the SB folded. I decided to see just one more card as I figured him for a pair with either the Jack or the Ten and if I get my Ace, King or the Queen, I would probably have the best hand. So, with 10 outs, I called the bet and the beautiful Queen came on the river. Now I had the nut straight. I bet $3 and EP folded but LP called. The river was a 7 that was no help to anyone as there was no chance of a flush draw. I bet $5 and LP called but mucked their losing hand so I am not sure what they had. Nice little $12 dollar profit. I found out via chat that EP had flopped two pair, the J/10, but when the queen came up and I bet, he figured me for A/K and folded. Good fold by him as two pair, J/10 would be hard to lay down. The rest of the time I stayed patient and, although I didn’t get many cards to play, the table was a nice table with nice amicable chat from about 4 of the players so things were never boring. Now I can’t wait to get back to Party and see how I do if I actually get some good cards to play.

Too Cold to Golf
It is still too cold to golf here in southern Michigan. Our temperatures are running around 10 degrees below normal. It is dry but cold. If we were getting temps in the 50’s I would be out on that course in a NY minute. Instead we are barely able to make 40 and, although, sunny, that is just too cold to go out and try to chase that white ball. It has been a colder March than normal which is making this winter seem longer and longer. Hopefully things will break by next week-end and I will be able to hit the links.

Michigan vs. Notre Dame
My daughter and I are going to go see Michigan play Notre Dame in the second round of the NIT tournament at Crisler Arena in Ann Arbor. My daughter, Rachel, graduated from U of M’s satellite campus in Flint. I have never been to Crisler or watched the U of M basketball team so I am really looking forward to going. I am taking Monday off work as I am working all week-end at the Grand River plant. In another week I will be going to second shift so my card playing will be during the morning hours. It will be interesting to see who is online and playing at that time. Aussies? Brits? Unemployed Yanks? I’ll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online