My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spring has Sprung, Party Poker keeps Rocking, Absolute is Knocking….

Spring has Sprung
Today is the first full day of spring and I won’t be out golfing anytime soon. It is barely in the 30’s with a windchill in the teens. If all of the constellations fall into place and La Nina surges to the north, I may be able to get out onto the golf course by this week-end which is suppose to be in the 40’s but, with some sun, may even feel like the 50’s. We can only hope. This winter seems to be hanging on and on this year.

Party Poker Keeps Rocking
My play on Party Poker is putting a big smile on my face. I have made a profit every session I have sat down with my biggest one coming yesterday when I went all in with Aces for $20 only to be called by another player with Ace/King. No help for them from the board so I doubled up on party and ended up making a $25 dollar profit yesterday in two sessions. Looking forward to going fishing again tonight.

Absolute Keeps Knocking……
My a$$ off. For every dollar I win on Party Poker with tight aggressive play, I am losing that same amount on Absolute with the same tight aggressive play. I am not getting bad beats but am just getting beat. Case in point, I go all in with Aces after a flop of rags only to have my opponent show me his pocket fives and then he commences to make the set on the rive. My $10 dollars grew wings and flew away from my bankroll. I have dropped around $50 at Absolute while making that same amount at Party with the same type of plays. Either the players at Absolute are much better or I am just not getting the breaks from the cards I am playing like I am at Party. Time to step back and see if it is something psychologically I am doing or if it is just a downswing that will correct itself, hopefully in the near future.

NIT does not mean ‘Not In Tournament” for the Wolverines
My daughter and I went to Ann Arbor to watch the Michigan Wolverine Basketball team play Notre Dame in the second round of the NIT. It was our first time at Crisler arena and we really picked a good one to go to. Double Overtime and the home team won!!! BooooYaaa

Bring on Miami of Florida, our next opponent on Wednesday. We had beaten Notre Dame during the regular season and, also, beat Miami already this year. They will be out for revenge as the first game wasn’t even close. Michigan won the NIT two years ago which you would think would set them up for some NCAA runs but because of injuries and poor play they are back in the NIT. Hopefully, a good run here will set them up for better things next year although they lose three of their top players. Only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online