My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fixing my Leak in Poker and my Hook in Golf

Changing Games and trying to fix my biggest Leak
I have had a bit of success this past week-end with playing No Limit Ring Games with .25/.10 blinds. I find that one of my biggest assets is my patience. I am able to sit and wait for the good hand and then be aggressive when I get it. I am going to continue to play this game for the rest of the week and see how I do. I think it will be more lucrative then my SitNGos.

My biggest leak is becoming overly in love with my hand and not trying to project what hand my opponent has. Case in point. I am playing a SitNGo and I limp in with Queen/Jack offsuit from the Big Blind. The flop adds the King and Ten so I have a straight draw with no Flush possibilities. I make a medium size bet. The turn is another Ten and I make another medium size bet. I only have one caller at this time. The river is the Ace I need to complete my straight and the boards is still a rainbow so I’m not worried about the flush. I lead out with a good size bet and get raised. I reraise all in only to fine my opponent calls and hold the Ace/Ten, making his boat and sending me home short of the river. What did I put him on, a set of tens at the most or maybe a set of any of the cards showing. My rookie mistake is that I did not figure the boat as even a possibility. I was even suspect of a set as he never raised my earlier calls and figured at the very most he had two pair. I just jumped in as fast as I could get my mouse to click on pushing my stack all in. I know this has been my biggest problem so now I am fixing it. I am playing with a large note on my monitor telling me to “Slow Down” and asking “What is my Opponent holding??”. I am making it a point to think back over the hand and how did the betting go?: Am I being slow played? Was my opponent on a draw and did he get his flush make his straight? I realize that I must fix this fast and come up with the correct answers a majority of the time or I will not be very successful as a Poker player.

Two Days of Golf
I played golf both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was warmer and sunnier but the course was wetter than on Sunday. Sunday was cooler and cloudier but it is amazing how much dryer the course was in only one day. Don’t get me wrong, it was still quite wet but significantly better than on Saturday. I played 18 holes and shot 43/46 for a total of 89. Not bad for first time out with wet course and wet greens. I am very excited about my golf this year. Looking forward to playing a lot as I purchased membership on Sunday to Briar Ridge Golf Course, here in Montrose. I believe I can say that swinging my weighted club the last month really made a difference. I was hitting my short irons almost a club length longer than normal. It has to be from swinging the weighted club and working on getting my hips into the downswing. I was making crisp contact with the ball and the shots were just rocketing off my PW, 9, 8, and 7 irons. I was hooking my fairway wood and my driver so I will have to work on them. I think I am doing something with my wrists, causing the hook. I will work that out at the driving range in the next couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online