My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Golf vs. Poker

Masters Day 1
My Masters predictions are about 50/50 right now. VJ Singh is leading but Aaron Oberholser, Geoff Ogilvy, and Ben Curtis are in the top ten so the field is still in contention. Can’t really count any of the top 20 out just yet and could go as low as top 30 but it will be hard for any of them to make up six strokes on that course. Probably safe to say that top 20 still has a chance. Tomorrow will narrow the field some more.

Golf vs. Poker
Who is the Tiger Woods of the Poker World? Who is John Daly? VJ Singh? Phil Mickelson? Who is the Phil Helmuth of the golf world? Who is Phil Gordon? Daniel Negreanu? Can we make any comparisons? Just for fun. I guess it would be safe to say that Doyle Brunson is Arnold Palmer. If Stu Unger were still alive, would he be the equivalent to Jack Nicklaus? Is Phil Helmuth the Jack Nicklaus of Poker? Is Johnny Chen the Jack Nicklaus of Poker? Kind of fun comparisons to make. Let me know what you can come up with.

Played nine practice holes of golf today. I still am having trouble adjusting how long I am hitting my Pitching Wedge and 9 Iron. Have to club down or take ¾ swing with each club depending on distance. Still fighting the pull hook but have worked my drives out so they are going nice and straight and some with a nice little draw. Have a 1PM tee time for Sunday. Will play just one ball and will probably start to keep serious scoring starting on Sunday.

Michigan is suppose to have inclement weather tomorrow so I think I will dive into the $6 dollar table at Absolute and try my hand at a SitNGo. I have been cashing out very nicely the past two days in the $1.20 and $2.40 games so now is time to step up and see how I do. I will let you know how I do and what my impressions are of the type of player at this level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online