My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dilemma

I have a dilemma in my poker playing. Variance has reared its ugly head again and I am down several buy-ins over the last two days. My first attempts to turn around my game was to drop down to lower stakes and try to rebuild my bankroll. The only problem with this is that you get the real donkeys of poker staying in every hand trying for their flush and, when they hit their draws (no matter how much you bet to get them off their draw) they end up taking a good part of your money. And they are everywhere in the lower stakes games.

I have beaten the lowe stakes enough to move up to the next level but it is very frustrating to do what the experts tell you and still have that not be the best alternative. I think I will go back up to the higer stakes and just play a bit tighter game with less of a buy in and that should help me get things turned around.
____________________________________________

The Kenny Chesney concert was great fun. He played nonstop for almost two hours and his concert was full of energy. It was a really fun night with my wife and daughter and I can see how he is Country Music's Entertainer of the Year four years running.

We ate dinner at HopCat Bar and had a great burger and wonderful beer battered frys. I ordered an Oatmeal Stout from the Arcadia Brewing Company, their Starboard Stout. They describe their beer as: "Starboard Stout is a unique Irish Oat Malt Stout. Deep black in color, with garnet undertones, it has a robust yet well-balanced chocolatey roasted malt character and a creamy mouthfeel. A subtle and complex hop flavor and aroma is provided by Willamette and Cascade."

It was very good and tasted very much like the Oatmeal Stout from Breckenridge Brewery in Colorado. I am really into the stouts right now and have one more to drink then after that I am going to go back to summer brews.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online