My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Almost Tilted Today

My last post was about how I didn't Tilt anymore and, don't you know it, I played today and almost became tilted. I think if it wasn't for writing my last blog post I would have tilted but that reminded me that I am bigger than tilting over one meaningless hand.

I was down early at both Full Tilt and Absolute Poker but was able to come back and make a profit at Full Tilt but ended down a bit on Absolute. I only played for one hour today and I was a bit out of sorts so probably shouldn't have been playing at all. Today was one of the few days that I could tell I wasn't on top of my game and I probably shouldn't have even started.

If your remember back to when I first started to seriously play No Limit, I was buying in short at the tables and waiting for the big hand to double up with. I have progressed past that point and am coming to the table with almost a full buy in now and today I really noticed the short players. I had two players buy in for $5 dollars on the Full Tilt $25 dollar tables. I never bought in that short. I would at least buy in for $10 or $12 dollars but never $5 and you know what? They really annoyed me. I couldn't wait to get a good hand and stack them and finally it happened. One of the short stacks had won a couple hands and built their $5 to around $7 or so and limped in from MP. I was in the BB with Q/8 and should have raised but just called instead. The flop was a beautiful Q, Q, 6 rainbow. The shortstack went all in and I called. The only thing I was worried about was getting out kicked but it turns out they were holding a 6 and my 3 queens held up to stack them. They left right after that.
___________________________________
I bought a six pack of Genesee Cream Ale and have been imbibing it the last couple of days and I really like its taste. This beer is brewed by the High Falls Brewing Comapny. High Falls Brewing Company (High Falls) is an American brewery located along the Genesee River in Rochester, New York. Until 2000 the company was known as the Genesee Brewing Company.
The High Falls Brewing Comapny is also the brewer of J.W. Dundee's Honey Brown and other lagers.
In the Movie A History of Violence, Viggo Mortenson orders a "Genny Cream" at a Philadelphia bar.
The Beer Advocate gave it a C and that is about what it deserves. It is on par with Rolling Rock or Michelob and at $5 dollars a six pack is a beer that I can have again. I can't always be shelling out $10 for a six pack of higher end beers so will be partaking in some of the lower priced but better tasting lagers than Budweiser or Miller.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I didn't know that Genny Cream was made by the same brewer as JW Dundee. I like that honey brown. It's funny how the cheaper and more mass marketed a beer is the lower the grade the beer sites give it. If it were only up to the beer rating sites, we'd all be drinking the most expensive, highly hopped and highest alcohol beers out there. You just gotta go with what you're in the mood for. There are far worse beers out there to fall back on.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online