My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

No More Tilt

My poker game is in a bit of a roller coaster mode right now. I play primarily 3 sites and interchange which one's I am playing at any one time. I am happy with each site and there really isn't any one reason I would play one over another at any time. What I am experiencing now is that I will win at two of the sites and lose at one. Its never always winning at one site and always losing at another. The site I win big on today may be the one I lose on tomorrow. Thus, I am winning overall, but am only slowly building my bankroll because I am in "two steps forward, one step back" mode. More like one and a half step forward, one step back mode.

I have been watching quite a few Poker Training videos and feel like my game has grown because of them. I am comfortable at the tables and feel that I can win every time out. The funny thing is, I don't win every time out, and when I get a bad beat or my aces cracked, I'm not tilting. I may type, "Lucky you" and reload and keep playing or just reload and keep playing. I know that in the long run I will win and I want that donkey to play those cards against me. I can beat thise pocket jacks 7 out of 10 times. You will only get that 3rd jack once in a while so keep going all in with those cards and I will stack you.

You may say, "So what if you don't tilt. You shouldn't be tilting anyway." But I was a notoriously bad tilter. If my aces got cracked by a junk hand or if I lost several hands by the slimmest margins I would go off the deep end and pretty much piss my bankroll away. I would have to make myself close down the tables and then I would stew about it for the next 24 hours or more. Now that is not happening. I am just continuing on and making every effort to play each hand to maximize my expected value and, so far, it has been happening. Today I lost my stack to A/K when I had A/Q. I was able to reload and over the next 40 minutes win back what I had lost and finish with a slight profit. And I have been able to do that on other days, too.

I am really likeing this new found confidence and I think my game is reflecting the better play on my part.

(Note to the Poker Gods - I'm not saying I am running good but just telling me two readers that I am a calmer, better player so don't smite me with your bad vibes, please)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online