My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Same ol', same ol'

Here we go again. I'm trying to clear the Fullt Tilt bonus playing $10 No Limit Holdem and am doing quite well. I have doubled up on a couple of tables, have cleared part of the bonus and am feeling quite good that things are changing around for me and this looks like a good day. Then this hand occurs and brings back more of the same old shit.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

BB ($10.40)
UTG ($4)
Wolverine Fan ($9.95)
SB ($10.05)
Preflop: Wolverine Fan is Button with 5s, 5d.

UTG checks, Wolverine Fan calls $0.10, SB completes, BB raises to $0.3, UTG calls $0.10, Wolverine Fan calls $0.10, SB calls $0.10.
I was up over a buy-in so it was worth it to me to do a little set mining.

Flop: ($0.90) Jd, Qc, 5c (4 players)
Bingo! Just what the doctor ordered.
SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets $3.8 (All-In), Wolverine Fan calls $3.80, SB folds, BB raises to $10.2 (All-In), Wolverine Fan calls $5.95 (All-In).
I am worried about being beaten by set over set but that is why they call it gamboooooling.

Turn: ($24.20) Ad (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($24.20) Qd (3 players, 3 all-in)

Final Pot: $23.76

Results below:
BB has Jh Qs (full house, queens full of jacks).
UTG has 8h Qh (three of a kind, queens).
Wolverine Fan has 5s 5d (full house, fives full of queens).

I am golden until the River and he hits his 1 outer (1 fucking outer) and instead of doubling up I am stacked. He had 8 outs total to beat me, the 3 jacks, 4 Kings and the one queen. After the flop I am 85% favorite to win the hand and after the turn I am 93% favorite to win the hand.

How can you lose when you are a 93% favorite??? I guess you ask the New England Patriots that,eh?

I managed to come back a little after that but I ended up down $6 for the session instead of up $15 if I win this hand.

Man, I hate this game.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rod said...

LOL - Welcome to my SET hell world.

I had a hand JUST like that and I'll tell you what I learned - NEVER just call with a SET.

Would not have made any difference in this one but I will never "call" hoping to trap with a set.

My set the guy had T8 and hit a straight on the flop - HOWEVER - like you - I called a BIG raise.

NEXT time - I push with a set.

BTW - That Full Tilt Bonus is a CROCK!! In NL25 it's worth 60 cents a table for me. blah!!

I got some playign to do to get another 7.50 tonight - gotta get $1.50 in bonus points!

I will win win win win LOSE back to even lately. I'm not down but I'm not WAY up like I should be.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online