My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Is a Break Even day a Good day?

I broke even today which, compared to that last two days, is a vast improvement. It is getting so that I hate to write on my blog because it is always about losing when going in with the best hand. Twice today I was all in with Kings vs. Queens and both times they hit their Queen on the river to win the hand. Then I lost full house over full house when the villain called my full house with his trips only to have the one other card on the board pair up on the river to give him a bigger full house. Of course all of the money was in after the turn. I can't fault him for going all in with his trips but, damn, when do thing start to go my way so I can win a bundle and not just break even?

I am sorry for whining and you can call it variance all you want but after a while it just gets impossible to be optomistic about your good hands. I am about ready to quite this blog but I think I will just turn it into a Golf and Beer blog and mention poker just a little bit.

I'm not sure I am a very good poker player and, lately, the results show that I must not be very good. A good player should be a winning player and I am not a winning player in 2008.

I have played 90 Turbo SitNGos and have a 20% ROI. Not very good. It was double that for a while but slowly I have lost more than I have won or have finished 3rd a lot more instead of 2nd or 1st.

They say in cards that every game is independent of another, in fact every hand is independent of another but why do losing streaks just that, streaks?

Starting to get the golfing bug so maybe I will write more about golf.

How does Tiger Woods do it tournament after tournament. Ernie Els had him and Tiger outplays him down the stretch and wins. Freaking amazing. You would think some golfer would get hot and shoot lights out against him to beat him but so far nobody has.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I thought I'd miss blogging about poker but what I found I was really doing was just playing more just so I could blog about it. Don't mourn about not blogging about poker as much. Rather just enjoy what you are doing. The blog stories will come naturally soon after. I rarely play online poker these days and when I do, it's usually just for one evening then I go do something else. Funny thing about poker is that you're never really satisfied with your own play and you only look for opportunities to play at higher and higher stakes. Resist that temptation and just play for fun at the levels you feel comfortable with. I changed my blog from Chipper's Poker World to just Chipper's World about a year ago and I haven't regretted it. DO what you feel is best for you. Blogging is an outlet for your feelings - let it pour out.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online