My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, February 04, 2008

Flushed!

Poker was terribly, terribly bad last night. Full Tilt gave me a $75 dollar bonus that I could earn so I thought all I would have to do is break even and I could make some money. Not so easy last night. I lost at least 3 buy-ins to players that hung around trying to hit their flush, no matter what size bet I made, and they came through. 3 or more times the flush hit on the turn or river and I am rebuying. It was maddening. At these stakes there is no such thing as pot odds. I lost another buy-in to a rivered straight draw.

You are probably wondering why I am losing so many buy-ins? Remember, I buy-in short so I am not losing as much as you would think and every time I had the best hand when all of the money went in. My hands may have been just slightly favored but they were the best hand every time. I am still buying in short as it is the best way for me to play emontionally.

I did win some hands and I did double up a couple of times and I cleared part of the bonus but overall it was a major losing session. I am going to try again this afternoon and see if I can't clear more bonus and get back to even.
___________________________________________
I was rooting for the Patriots and they failed to come through with their undefeated season. The Giants deserved to win as they made the plays when they had to. I knew they were goign to score on that last drive because everything went their way. Manning should have been sacked and instead he throws up a prayer that was answered by the most unbelievable catch ever. Two other times he could have been intercepted but the ball just went off the Patriot's fingers.

My Super Bowl meal and drink was very nice. We grilled out super burgers topped off with guacomole, home made chile cheese fries and beer. I purchased a six pack of Guinness Draught bottles and a 4 pack of Boddingtons pints. The Guinnes was just a bit strong for Mrs. Wolverine and myself (not nearly as smooth as the pub draught) so I made a Black and Tan or Half-and-Half, if you will, by combining the Guinness and Boddington's. This combination turned out to be the perfect drink to go with our Super Bowl meal.

I was surprised at how much the Boddington's tasted like domestic beer so combining it with the Guinness was a better use of it than just drinking it straight. I was quite dissappointed in the Boddington's and will not be getting it again as it is quite pricey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I too got that email from Full Tilt offering me "$75" if I accepted their offer. Well, stupid me, I thought I'd see $75 in my account and I'd have to stretch it out past a certain number of hands before I could cash anything out. But no. It was simply "if you play enough then you'll earn it". I have exactly 35 cents left in my full tilt account after cashing out almost a year ago. If they would have put $75 into my account to play with then I'd be more than happy to try them out again. Aw well. All my cash is still on PokerStars and will remain there. I'm just not interested to spreading more money out across the Internets. heh.

My superbowl beer was finishing up my 12-pack mountain mixer from Left Hand Brewing. The only draw back to buying a 12-pack is that you feel obligated to finish that first before going out to buy more beer. Perhaps I should buy 22oz bombers instead but that isn't as economically efficient.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online