My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

This and That

I played about 2 hours of microlimit No Limit Hold’em at Full Tilt and PokerStars and basically broke even. I was up at both sites then down then back to even before I called it a day. I am starting to evaluate if I am too tight with my play as my PFIP was at just 17% for PokerStars and about the same for Full Tilt. I may need to start playing suited connectors more. I am still learning and I need to start making notes of some of the plays I have been seeing and start to post them at 2+2, Raise the River or Pocket Fives and see if I am playing these hands properly.

One example would be I have A/10 off in LP with two limpers and I raise 3X the BB and one or both call my raise. The flop is Ax, Jx, 7x and both players check and I raise ½ the pot and then one of the players reraises (check/raise). What do I do? Does he have Two pair? A better kicker than me? A set? Most of the time I don’t have much of a read on the player as he is new to the game or hasn’t done too much to make note of. Sometimes I fold right there, sometimes I 3 bet and see what they do or sometimes I call and then see what they do on the turn. Usually they will make a pot size bet on the turn and then I have a tough decision to make. How should I be playing this??

The Poker Blogger community is losing one of the better UK bloggers . Burnley Mik is discontinuing his Poker Blog and has even talked about quitting online poker except for the DTD and Bloggerment tourneys on Sunday. He does state that he will be blogging at the Raise the River blog. Good luck, Mik.

3 Comments:

Blogger iamhoff said...

ATo is a fugly hand. With 2 limpers already in plus the button and blinds to come, if the goal is to take it down right there I would bump it to at least 5x. Usually with ATo in a pot with more than one player already in, I'd just follow the lemmings and limp. Maybe that's just me being too tight, but ATo isn't a super strong hand. But what the hell do I know?

On a completely different topic, you've been tagged. Stop by to check out the details.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words mate.

The blog is in temporary shut down. i doubt I will ever stop playing this game, but i do need to re-discover my love for the game.

Anyway come and post some of the hands at the forum and I will be more than happy to add my donking views on them!!! ;-)

4:59 PM  
Blogger Rod said...

I would have raised a little more from LP to punish the limpers.

Then a pot size raise on the flop and THEN I would get in trouble.

I don't think you are too tight, of course I'm 17.7% also with a 10% PFR.

Phil Gordon's Little Green book has a starting hand guide that looks about 17%ish on tabels with 3-5 players (I think).

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online