My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Brittbloggerment 34 - Close but no Cigar

I have to send out a big apology to all my USA poker blogger readers as I had the chip lead at heads up in the Brittbloggerment 34 tourney on Sunday and was unable to bring the trophy across the pond as the_cloud71 managed to outplay me and win the tourney.

I entered the Bloggerment 34 Tourney and won every race I had until heads up.
My first race was when I got all in with Pocket Kings against Biakkax with A/Q offsuit and the board was all low cards and I doubled up and took him out. The next one was when I got all in with A/K off vs. Burnley Mik's pocket Jacks. I flopped a King and the board got scary but Burnley Mik didn't improve and I take that one down. Now I am the chip leader with 5 players left.

I played the hammer all in with 5 players left and took down the blinds!! What would a blogger tournament be if you didn't play the hammer?

The next race I won was when I took out Burnley Mik when my A/J suited went up against his Pocket Tens. A beautiful Jack comes on the flop and Mik is out of the tournament.

Ace/King was my hand of the day as I next took out Mrmoomoo when we were all in with my A/K off vs. his Pocket Nines. A king falls on the flop and again on the river and my 3 kings send him packing. Mrmoomoo was second in chips at the time so this made me the Chip leader with 3 players left.

I had a big suckout when my A/3 off takes out ResdentEvil and his A/J when I get my 3 on the river. I was wanting a 5 to complete the wheel when the 3 comes on the river and I win. I didn't realize I had won at first as I missed the 3 and I thought ResdentEvil won the pot.

Now it is the_cloud71 and me heads up and I lead in chips just over 2 to 1. I couldn't bring it home. I tried to play conservative and not let him double up but, basically, I lost 2 hands and the tourney was his. The first one was when he had a better kicker than me and doubled up taking the chiplead. Then his pocket Kings were better than my Ace/8 and GG me.

So apologies go out to all the USA poker players for my inability to best the Brits and bring the trophy to U.S. shores. Maybe next week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

VWP last night mate. I thought you played some excellent tight agrro poker!

You were so close to being the first person to take the bloggerment title over the pond, but luckily Cloud just managed to stop you!! Phew!!

GG mate ;o)

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online