My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Poker This 'n That

I am continuing to play microlimit No Limit Hold’em on PokerStars, Full Tilt and Absolute Poker.

I am still playing at Absolute for a couple of reasons. Most poker players or bloggers are aware that there was a security breach at Absolute Poker that effected some large stakes tournaments and games. Absolute has stated that they are on top of it and that it cannot happen again.

One reason is that I don’t think they are cheating at the stakes I play. The second reason is the UIGEA has made it harder to deposit at other poker sites and I already have money on Absolute so I am going to continue to play there.

The following are just a few of my observations on playing microstakes poker at these sites.

PokerStars is the one site where I have lost money from playing. Mostly from bad play by me but also from bad play by others that is working to their advantage. The biggest thing I see on PokerStars, as far as bad play, is players limping in with monster hands, A/A, K/K, A/K, Q/Q. I have seen this quite a bit on PokerStars. I have lost to one of these hands but I have also cracked one of these hands with a hand I would have folded to a preflop raise.

Full Tilt seems to have a better quality player than the other sites. Having said that there have been a few ATM machines in some of the games that I have played that have allowed me to double and triple up because they play any two cards and bet with virtually nothing.

Absolute doesn’t have that many full ring games at microstakes so I have been playing mostly 6-max there. I haven’t seen that much that stands out. They have quality players mixed up with some ATM machines. I have been able to win quite regularly at Absolute by playing tight/aggressive.

Those are my first impressions with limited play and I’ll try to build on them as we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online