My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sound and Memories

Different sounds or songs I hear bring back some very vivid memories. Not as much as smells or odors but still pretty strong. If I hear the song Happy Trails To You, I am instantly transported back in time to Saturday mornings watching Roy Rogers riding Trigger and saving Dale from the rustlers. It was awesome. Riding horses, shooting guns and never any blood. The good guys always won.

When I hear Cat Stevens sing Morning has Broken or Peace Train I am a teenager again playing football on Friday nights and going to the movies on Saturday. Riding around with my friends trying to get someone to buy us some beer or Boones Farm wine. Trying to be way cool.

Other songs evoke just as vivid memories at different times in my life. When I hear Aerosmith sing Walk This Way or Sweet Emotion I am transported back to the Backdoor Bar in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan where I was attending Lake Superior State College.
When I hear leaves rustling I have vivid memories of raking piles and piles of leaves and watching my two daughters jumping and playing in them. I can see them trying to rake the leaves themselves with rakes that are 10 times to big for them. Mrs. Wolverine has them all bundled up against the fall chill and they are laughing and wanting me to cover them up with the leaves. The memories are so strong it brings a tear to my eye as I remember those carefree days when my little girls trusted me to the Nth Degree and I was their hero (and still am).

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

You've been tagged! See da rules about posting 7 random things about yourself at my blog:

http://chipperspokerworld.blogspot.com/2007/11/tagged-once-again.html

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online