My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Water, Water Everywhere

I sure picked the worse week of the summer to take a vacation. I had no plans but to play as much golf as I could. Alas, the Weather Gods were dealing me a shitty hand by raining every day of my vacation. I managed to play 3 rounds of golf in 7 days because of the constant downpour in the midwest. What can you do? Play poker instead.

Raining, can't golf, guess I'll play poker. I was building my bankroll back up on Full Tilt after having donked off a goodly amount of my recent wins when I ran into the worse day of poker possible. I was getting dealt excellent hands over and over, A/Q, A/K, Q/Q, A/K again, A/J, 9/9. They just kept coming and I just kept losing. Nothing was hitting me on the flop and my big hands were losing out to even bigger hands. I kept raising preflop only to miss the flop and turn and end up folding with nothing to show. I was leaking money steadily and when my buy-in would drop down to a low amount I would rebuy in hopes of hitting a nice run and winning back my losses. The nice run never came and I totally lost track of how much I was rebuying utnil after on final devestating beat after going in as a heavy favorite I shut down my session and opened up the cashier to see how much to put in my excel spreadsheet.

HOLY SHIT!!! Where did all of my money go?? There is no way I could have rebought that much, Full Tilt must be wrong. But Full Tilt wasn't wrong. I started to add up in my head what I had rebought and included a couple of SitNGos I played without cashing and the numbers started to add up................ or should I say, subtract down.

Well, that's a fine how do you do! For the second time in a week I had donked off almost all of my winning from my previous sessions. I ranted to my daughter a bit and she said the most wonderful words to me that I have heard in a while, "Don't worry, Dad. You'll win it back." She just knew that I was going to win that money back. I thought if she could be that confident in me then I should have some confidence in myself. I went back on Full Tilt later that night and managed to win some nice hands a finish up a buy-in. My daughter was right, I could win that money back.

I played again the next day and made a nice gain in my bankroll and am now almost back to where I was before my last losing session. I am steadily building my bankroll back up by playing solid poker.

Got to love your kids and their undying faith in you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online