My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Citizens against Gambling

I was out surfing the Poker Sites on the net when I came across this post at Pokerati regarding "Pro-family" groups and their campaign against Congress rescinding the UIGEA. The article is here, Focus on the Family Action, Others Urge Congress to Guard Gambling Law. This is scary because the groups behind this have a track record of getting things to go their way. They have deep pockets and the tactics they use seem to be very effective in getting legislation passed that they support. And, conversely, getting legislation they do not support squashed.

I never thought it would be easy to get the UIGEA overturned or get a carve out for Poker. I guess I was hoping for the changes to come that I never thought about the opposition and how maniacal they would be in making sure there were no inroads to overturning the UIGEA.

God help us (no pun intended).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the current situation with online poker in the US of A Wolv? I have been out of touch with it really, but our PM is looking over our legislations in September and he has already shown he dissaproves of gambling....

ATB

BM

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online