My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Live by the River, Die by the River

The river has not been my friend lately. I won one very big hand when I hit a 4 outer on the river but then it turned unmercilessly against me and the rest of the day the river was not my friend.

In the Britbloggerment tournament I started off playing like a donkey trying to offset the very tight play you see during that tournament. I was semi-successful as I won some hands I shouldn't have but lost just as many so I was sitting down to $713 in chips when I was dealt Kd Kc in the Big Blind.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP (t1520)
CO (t2130)
Button (t1635)
Luckbox21 (t1595)
Wolverine Fan (t713)
UTG (t2907)
Preflop: Wolverine Fan is BB with Kd, Kc.

4 folds, Luckbox21 raises to t90, Wolverine Fan raises to t150, Luckbox21 calls t60. I only minraised here because I wanted action with my Kings. I needed chips and I put Luckbox on just trying to bully the shortstack and steel my blind. I needed to double up, not just win the blinds .

Flop: (t300) 9d, Tc, Js (2 players)

Luckbox21 bets t563, Wolverine Fan calls t563 (All-In). He puts me all in here and I am happy to call as this flop is scary but I need the chips.

Turn: (t1426) Qh (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t1426) 2c (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: t1426

Results:

Wolverine Fan has Kd Kc (straight, king high).

Luckbox21 has Qc 7c (one pair, queens).

Outcome: Wolverine Fan wins t1426.


The next hand is where the river saved me with a 4 outer and that put me in excellent position to finish in the money or even to take down the tournament.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
Button (t1869)
SB (t2235)
Mikesaban (t8799)
UTG (t2375)
Wolverine Fan (t2551)
Preflop: Wolverine Fan is MP with Jc, Kd.

1 fold, Wolverine Fan raises to t450, 2 folds, Mikesaban raises to t1200, Wolverine Fan calls t750. I raised PF here just trying to take down the blinds. I had really tightened up after playing very loose early on so now I wanted to steal the blinds. Mikesaban was just using his big stack effectively and had taken down quite a few pots after the break. I typed that he can't be getting that many good hands and said what the hell and I called his PF bet

Flop: (t2475) Qh, Ac, 5d (2 players)

Mikesaban bets t1050, Wolverine Fan raises to t1351, Mikesaban calls t301. I have no idea why I went all in here. I had fold equity. This was a real donkey move by me.

Turn: (t5177) 4c (2 players)

River: (t5177) Th (2 players) Saved by the river.

Final Pot: t5177

Results:

Mikesaban has Ad Kc (one pair, aces).

Wolverine Fan has Jc Kd (straight, ace high).

Outcome: Wolverine Fan wins t5177.


I get to the final table and down to the final 5 players with top 3 places getting paid. The river now turns against me and I lose two hands and am out of the tournament. Both beats were administered by ResdentEvil, a very good player. The first one my pocket 9s went all in vs his A/Q off and the dreaded queen came on the river. Preflop I am ahead 55% to 45%. After the flop of Jh 8h 2c I am ahead 75% to 25%. The turn is the 5 of spades and now I am sitting at 86% to win this hand when the dreaded queen hits the river.

That hurt me but I still had chips until my A/K runs up against ResdentEvil's Qh 7h (suited hand). I'm ahead 63% to 37% preflop. After a flop of Kh Jh 5s I am ahead 69% to 31%. The turn is the 5 of diamonds which puts me at 82% to win this hand when Resdentevil makes his flush on the river when the 4 of hearts hits. I had a few chips left but essentially that was the end of my tournament. Fifth place.
ResdentEvil went on to win the tournament so I feel that at least I was beat by the winner and truly contributed to his ability to win the tournament.

Oh well, that's Poker.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you ran bad at the end, but I didn't realise it was THAT bad!!! Very unlucky, you were nearly the first "foreigner" to take it down!! Good effort.

Looking forward to seeing you there again soon!

ATB

BM

p.s. That all in against Mike was pretty bad!! ;o)

7:55 PM  
Blogger dD said...

high praise indeed sir, high praise indeed !

gg and well played.

look forward to your return next month.

regards

dD

aka ResdentEvil

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online