My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Don't look now but some Poker content to follow!!


I played a bit of poker today. I had just about an hour before dinner so I sat down at Poker Stars and fired up a 2 table SitNGo and joined a .25/.50 Limit Table. What a wild ride I had!! In the SitnGo I lost half of my chips early when my Pocket Kings went up against the mighty A/3 offsuit only to see the river reward my opponents donkey play with an Ace and my $1500 dollars in chips were now $750 dollars. Several hands later I find myself with A/10 offsuit in middle position so I go all in right away. My previous opponent decides to call with a small pocket pair along with another chap who shows A/K off. It is 3 players to the flop and I am sucking hind teat at this point.

But a flop of A/rag/10 and another 10 on the turn guarentees me tripling up!! Whoo Hoooo!! Now I had some money to work with. In no time I was at the final table and shortly after that we were down to five handed with 4 getting into the money.
After about 30 minutes of give and take, back and forth, up and down the button bursts and we are 4 handed, in the money. In just a short while it was down to 3 handed and that is as far as I got as my Ace/9 saw a flop of a 9 high board and when I went all in my opponent turned over................................................................a slow played pair of Pocket 9's and GG me.
The .25/.50 Limit Holdem ring game was every bit as eventful. Early on, my pocket Kings hold up and I rake in a large pot. Then a little later my A/Q loses to runner/runner flush and then my second pair of pocket Kings loses to the almight 10/Q when a ten hits the flop and the rivered queen tells me to "Ship it" to the villain.
But justice was soon to be mine as I find myself with pocket 6s in middle position. After a raise and a reraise I call and see a glorious flop of 4, 10, 6 all rags! Bet! Raise! Turn! Bet! Reraise! River! Ship it! I double up my buyin against two others on that hand when my set holds up for a nice little profit.
So my challenge got refueled with a few dollars and I am back up overall, just short of the $40 dollar mark. Hopefully I will be able to build it up to around $50 in the next week or so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Looks like you're having a bit of luck with your challenge. You must be right - it's summertime and the motivation to play a lot of poker just isn't there right now. I originally wanted to play a full night of poker last night but ended up watching a Battlestar Galactica DVD instead. Sometimes you just need to relax and enjoy a couple of nights off. GL on your challenge.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online