My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Success at WSOP forJan at 50 Outs and a couple of Hand Histories to debate

Congratulations to my Blog friend Jan of 50 Outs and his fiance`
Katja Thater, a member of team PokerStars. Jan has cashed at least three times now at the WSOP, finishing 56th in the $1,500 pot limit holdem event #3, finishing ninth and 18th in two other events. Katja has cashed at least once, also.

Jan was one of the first blogs I started to read regularly almost two years ago.
_______________________________________
How would you play these hands??

Wolverine Fan is MP3 with :9h :Ah UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: :4d :Ac :5h (1SB, 5 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, Button calls, 2 folds, MP1 raises, Wolverine Fan calls, Button calls.

Turn: :Kd (0.5BB, 3 players)MP1 bets, Wolverine Fan ???
__________________________
Hand Number 2:

Pre-flop: (10 players) Wolverine Fan is SB with :Ah :As 3 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 raises, CO folds, Button calls, Wolverine Fan 3-bets, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP3 raises all-in $1, Button calls, Wolverine Fan calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: :6d :Tc :Jjd (0SB, 3 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 0SB)Wolverine Fan bets, MP1 raises, MP3 calls all-in $0.5, Button folds, Button folds, Wolverine Fan 3-bets, MP1 calls.

Turn: :Jc (4BB, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: 0BB, Sidepot 1: 3BB)Wolverine Fan bets, MP1 calls.

River: :7s (6BB, 1 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: 0BB, Sidepot 1: 3BB)Wolverine Fan????.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well sir:

I would prefer to know amounts bet etc (unless its limit holdem).

Hand 1:

I would probably fold pre-flop. I don't wanna be playing Ace rag (even if it is soooted!) to a pre flop raiser, as if an ace falls its really difficult and can be expensive to find out where you are.

As played:

He check-raises you on the flop, which i would take a sign of strength, unless he does this all the time?? , but the worrying thing is the Button who flat calls again? When he bets straight out at you again on the turn, I am thinking its time to let this go. He was the initial pre-flop raiser, then check-raised and lead out the turn. I think you are beat.

I think he is probably on AQ, AK, possibly KK.

Just my thoughts anyways.


Hand2:

I play the same. I doubt he has a jack when he flat calls the turn, so i lead again at the river hoping to build another pot in-case the MP3 player hold a Jack.


Those are my thoughts. I might be wrong, but worth a shot.

ATB

BM

6:47 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

In Hand 1, normally with an early bet and a raise ahead, folding A9s is an easy fold. If however you still want to play that hand, then I feel you need to re-raise in order to try to get HU with MP1. True that A9s is a flush drawing hand only and drawing hands want company, but after you fail to get a good flush draw on the flop, despite getting top pair - your kicker sux. Consider folding flop as well cuz just calling it down makes little sense.

Hand 2 - well if you're up against a Jack you're screwed. I like that you're willing to cap the flop, and you're betting to see where you stand on the turn. Interesting that MP1 just called the turn but I'd expect a raise from him on the river, so a check call down would be your best bet.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online