My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

What the hell is Spotted Dick??


No, its not some communicable disease you get from bedding harlots. My Brit readers are probably chuckling right now because Spotted Dick is a steamed pudding, containing dried fruits, usually currants. The dessert is especially popular in the United Kingdom, usually served either with custard or with butter and brown sugar.

My daughter spent 3 months in
St. Andrews, Scotland in her study abroad program through the University. Before then and, certainly, ever since then, we have been in love with everything British. One of our favorite shows that we watch on DVD is Midsomer Murders. It is an English crime drama series, based on books by Caroline Graham, is filmed mostly in the villages and towns of the rural counties of Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire.
John Nettles plays Chief Inspector Tom Barnaby of the Causton C.I.D., a laconic, down-to-earth detective who faces many ingenious and remarkable murders (usually several in each episode) amid the eccentric denizens of Middle England. It is a wonderful show and we love it dearly.
Find out more about it here, Midsomer Murders.
"Why?", you ask am I writing about Spotted Dick and Midsomer Murders? It's because I haven't been playing much poker and don't have much to write up about my beloved game.
My challenge is floundering and I am not building my bankroll as planned. (pretty much breaking even at this point) I just haven't had the time to play any serious poker. Summer in Michigan is too valuable to stay indoors. When fall and winter come I will be hitting the tables much harder but for now golf and the glorious out-of-doors beckons.
Remember, I work nights so I can only play during daylight hours and, during the day I would rather be on the links or by the pool. I will play some more when I have my nights off but they are few for now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are interested in anything else which is British mate, just let me know what and I will do my best to get it over to ya!

I an understand how you feel about the weather too as we are exactly the same here, even the slightest hint of sunshine and everyone is out and about in their shorts and sunglasses!!!

lol

ATB

BM

4:20 PM  
Blogger Wolverine Fan said...

Yah, Yorkshire Pudding explained how wonderful summer fashions are for you Brits. What a post!!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

You are going to get some interesting hits with your "spotted dick". LOL

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online