My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Micro-Limit No Limit

I started dabbling in micro-limit No Limit Texas Holdem on Absolute Poker and Bodog Poker last night. I pretty much broke even but enjoyed the experience and will be playing more as I want to move my Limit Holdem Game into the No Limit realm early in 2007.

I thought I played pretty well overall. I got bluffed off one medium size pot but managed to hold my own for the most part. There are a couple of things that I think are peculiar at this level. First, why would someone raise preflop for $6 Plus dollars at a $10 Max buy-in level? It seems to me that they are putting a lot of their buy-in at stake if they are hoping of stealing the .15 cents in blinds or, maybe, the .45 cents in the pot from the SB, BB and 3 limpers. Also, in my mind, if you have a good hand you want some action to maximize your winnings. Sure you may lose to some suckouts but overall you should win with your good hands.

The second time I witnessed this happening I mentioned in the chat section that this person did not want any action with his hand and he replied back that he didn’t want to lose to a suckout. I would rather win more with my good hands and lose to an occasional suckout than to just win the blinds with a monster hand. Granted, he may get some action some of the time as there was one person that chatted they were close to calling him but in the few times I saw this happen it was instafold by everyone.

I’m going to continue to play the micro-Limit No Limit tables at Bodog and Absolute and through the end of the year and see how I fair. I’ll keep reporting on it as I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online