My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Poker and Non-Poker Ramblings

I cleared the 300 raked hands at River Belle Poker AND made a nice little $45 dollar profit. I was two tabling today to clear the last 50 raked hands I needed and everything was falling into place. Cards were hitting, Pocket pairs were holding up and I knew enough to fold when I was beat. All in all it was a very pleasant morning that will help increase my bank roll.
__________________________________________
Things that annoy me:
1. My check Engine light coming on in my car. It comes on for anything and everything, from the gas cap not being tight enough to air sensor going bad. Lately it has come on and then gone off and come on once again.

2. Professional Football. Maybe it is because I have been a Detroit Lion fan all of my life but I have come to the conclusion that I really don't like professional football that much. I hate the antics of the players after they make a touchdown. I hate the fact that they are suppose to be the best at what they do and I have seen high school teams make less mistakes than the pros. Offsides, illegal motion, illegal shift, holding, you name it the pros do it and more than they should. I hate Roy Williams jumping up and signaling a first down after he makes a reception. Just give the ball to the ref and get your ass back into the huddle.

3. Politicians. All parties, all colors, all genders, all levels of government (city, state, national). They always say they are doing it for the little person or the poor or the old but, in reality, they are doing it for themselves. Whoever heard of an institution that could vote themselves a raise any time, no matter what kind of job they are doing. I hate the fact that whoever is shouting the loudest or has the most money gets what they want.

4. Talk Radio/Sports Radio/Dr. Phil. If you ever thought our country was in trouble and needed confirmation just listen for an hour, hell 15 minutes, to talk radio or sports radio. I swear these people don't have a clue. If my life ever got so bad that I had to call talk radio or appear on Dr. Phil then you might as well just take me out and shoot me.
_____________________________________________
Next week my Blog will be on hiatus while Mrs. Wolverine and I go on a five day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. We sail on Monday and will be back on Friday. I may have a guest blogger do one or two posts. If not, I will be back to let you know how warm and sunny the weather was in the Gulf of Mexico. We are sailing on Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas. If anyone knows if they have Texas Holdem Poker on the ship, please let me know. It would be nice to have a $2/$4 Limit Holdem table I could sit at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online